Friday, February 6, 2015

Love is in the air!

Love is in the air!

Despite all of the closings and late starts, this week was full of LOVE!!

This month it was time to decorate our school display case. 
Of course we went with a LOVE theme and challenged students to think about what love is ....

We started with a simple anchor chart and I was amazed at what my kids came up with. 
I was amazed at home many related their ideas to what we have been doing with our monthly projects. It has been our goal this year to talk about what we can do for others to be a good friend. 
I am so proud of our students and their ability to show love to one another each day.

The project came out super cute and will look great in our February display case:)


With a new month everything changes. From the seating chart, to groups, hallway displays, and classroom decor. This year the beginning of a new month also means a new project and display for our hallway. 

Last month Bare Necessities project was a huge hit and we took a group of students to the facility we donated to. Students sorted our donations, packed them in cars and stocked the shelves at Angel's Attic with loads of products. 


Students then got a tour of the facility and learned a bit more about the people that Angel's Attic serves. What a great opportunity for students to see and hear about the people they are helping each month!!!


This month we are "Falling in love with brushing".
In honor of dental health month students will be collecting toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash to donate to a local health care facility that served EVERYONE!



"You Are Someone's Reason to Smile!" So smile big! haha I love how this giant mouth came out. The kids all love it!

I am also super excited about the conclusion of this project because we will have a tooth fairy and mini fair set up for students to learn more about dental health:)

To coincide with our love is theme we had goin on, I threw in a little craftivity to go along with the story "Will You Be My Valenswine"


This story is super cute! Its all about a little pig who is looking for someone to be his valenswine. His luck was running out when he realized that the best valenswine was right in front of his nose ... his mother!!!

My kids loved this story and the anchor chart we built a few days ago led into a great conversation about what we look for in a valentine. 

Students completed this craftivity by the First Grade Parade ... Super Cute!!! 
And they loved that they were making pigs!!

Their answers amaze me every time. I love the middle pig ... young love is in the air! PRECIOUS!

Now for an amazing weekend with family in Pittsburg for the GARTH BROOKS concert. I am a huge country music fan and this concert has been on my list since I was old enough to learn the songs and sing along. My family and I were beyond excited to hear that he was coming out of retirement. My dreams are coming true!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment