Friday, January 9, 2015

Skating Into A New Year

This week was all about the New Year! 

How many of you made resolutions this new year??

This concepts is tough for first graders but they loved talking about goals they could make to be a better person both for themselves and others. Being a good friend has been what this year is all about for my kids. We are all about making good choices and being good friends to others. 

Check out what they came up with .... 


"This year I want to eat more fruits and veggies."


"This year I want to exercise more."


"This year I want to not cry like a baby."

Teacher friends I know you can relate ... we all have a few of these! 

I found the idea for the ice skates somewhere on pinterest and loved how it spurred conversation about moving forward :)

This week I also used Cara Carroll's New Year packet. I especially love her handwriting booklet practicing Antonyms ... "Out With The Old And In With The New"! She is fantastic.

New Year .... New You .... Hoping your keeping up with the resolutions you made this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment