Friday, January 16, 2015

Waddle With It

Despite the snow days and delays this week I was able to squeeze in a trial run of my Waddle With It Penguin unit combined with a few other amazing penguin activities provided by some amazing teachers and bloggers.

To start the week we talked about what we thought to be true of penguins ...
so cute and they had so many thoughts to offer.



We had library shortly after so I filled the tables with books about Penguins. Students were to look through the books and find facts about penguins. They couldn't add the information to their research books until they found it in a book. 

(I am trying so hard to get my students to utilize all of the resources around them when writing)



They loved looking through books and sharing facts with one another. They were so proud of their research!!! 

For homework they had to go home and share their book with someone at home. It created such a purpose for their research and made what they found so much more meaningful. 

In morning meeting the next day we shared our experiences sharing our penguin information and they all just lit up!!!!

Penguins were everywhere this week ....
Morning Work
Reading Centers
Math Centers
Library Research Project
Writing Workshop and Craftivity
I mean literally everywhere!!




In my TPT store now ....Waddle With It  :)

I hope you find the unit as helpful as I did.

How about a little Freebie for you too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment