Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sometimes We Need a PepTalk

This weekend I had the opportunity to meet with the Senior Director in Development for the Kids in Need Foundation, Kris Cohen!
WoW ... What a woman! She has the biggest heart and such a passion for what she does. 
This was an incredible experience and I am inspired by the person she is and the things she does.


As educators we make a difference in the eyes of our students every day. 
We care for them like they are our own.
We encourage, motivate, and instill skills for life long learning. 
Each year we see new faces and we push our students to be the best they can be.

I read this article and was touched.
In college I had a whole class about our students, family and community.
We really can't comprehend how some of our students are coming to school.
This year I not only wanted to be the change for my students but my school community. 
I believe that positivity will change the world!
It starts with us ... We are the change we want to see.
Only through our actions can we make a difference.
Sometimes a smile and a simple hello can make a huge impact in someone's day.


I was recently introduced to the book The Essential 55 by Ron Clark
We don't realize the simple skills we teach our students through our classroom culture.
Making eye contact
Respecting others comments and opinions
Manners and simple etiquette
Please and thank you's
Organizational skills
Sometimes I think we over look these skills we practice each day.
We create a classroom culture that promotes student success in the classroom and in the world!

I have been truly inspired this year by those around me.
There is more we can be doing to positively contribute to society.
We need to ignite the change. 
We need to stop complaining about what we don't like and we need to do something about it.
Kid President has been one of those influencers.
His message is simple but very powerful.


Each month I am blown away by the contributions we get from our community.
We have been collecting small items and donating them to people in need.
Students are beginning to understand how they can give back and be a positive influence.


This month we are collecting new and used books to be donated to after school programs in need.
We may be tiny but we can do BIG things!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment